Flip Flop Fabulous Summer Day Camps
MNM -Mentoring Program for New Mothers of Newborns through the first 3 months.
To plug into the Mentoring New Moms program, connect with your client advocate.
Growing Hearts –Peer-2-Peer Support for Moms & Moms-to-be
Growing Hearts season begins again Thursday October 5th, 2017 through to May 31st, 2018
For various other pregnancy or parenting related workshops we encourage you to check back periodically.
Commitment of Care
- Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability or other arbitrary circumstances
- Clients are treated with kindness, compassion and in a caring manner.
- Clients always receive open and honest answers
- Client pregnancy tests are distributed and administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
- Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
- We do not offer nor refer for abortions or abortifacients, however; we are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
- All of our advertising and communications are truthful, honest and accurately describe the services we offer.
- All our staff and volunteers receive proper training to uphold these standards of excellence.
The purpose of our email function is to assist you in making an appointment to personally visit one of our centre locations or to help you identify another centre that may be more conveniently located near you. Our centre in Brantford/Brant County does not intend to enter into any client relationships or to offer any client services outside of the province in which we are located.
If you would like to make an appointment to visit one of our locations or to find out more about another pregnancy centre in your area, please e-mail us. For your protection, we strongly discourage you from sharing any personal details about your situation over the Internet. When you visit one of our centres, one of our client advocates will be available to personally discuss your situation in a confidential setting.
In granting us permission to reply to your email, please consider the confidentiality of any reply that you may receive. If you are giving us permission to contact you via phone or text, will there be anyone else who may be present to receive that phone call or text? Does anyone else have direct access to your e-mail or other means of contact? If there are special confidentiality concerns we need to be aware of in responding, please spell them out so we may be sensitive to your needs.