Cruises to Australia / New Zealand
What are the most popular Australia and New Zealand cruise destinations?
- The Great Barrier Reef: If you want to see or dive this wonder of the natural world, make sure one of your cruise destinations is Cairns, also known as the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.
- Kangaroo Island: Known to the locals as “KI,” this island is populated by animals that aren’t found anywhere else, like the sooty kangaroo and glossy black cockatoo. After you’ve taken in the natural beauty, sample amazingly fresh seafood at places like the Oyster Farm Shop.
- Arlie Beach: This Australian resort town begs you to take a shore excursion. You can easily spend a taking sailing lessons on its sapphire blue waters. When you’re done, grab a bite or a beer at the famed Clipper Restaurant and Bar.
- Wellington: While Auckland is the bigger and better-known New Zealand city, what Wellington lacks in size, it makes up for in charm. These town is wonderfully walkable, and you’ll find no shortage of breweries, cafes, and boutiques.
- Sydney: Most cruises lines depart from Sydney Harbour, so spend some time exploring the city before boarding. Tour the Sydney Opera House or take in the incredible views from the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Which cruise line is right for me?
- Cunard Line: This historic cruise line strives to give you a Golden Age of Cruising experience. Suites are furnished in classic or Art Deco motifs, and dining is more formal. If you want a South Pacific luxury cruise holiday, this this is your line.
- Royal Caribbean: Perfect for families that want plenty of dining and entertainment options while aboard. Where else can you find water parks and climbing walls at sea?
- Princess Cruises: Princess is known for elegance with a dash of fun. They were the first to offer movies under the stars and captain-officiated weddings, and their Personal Choice Cruising allows you a more à la carte approach compared to the set schedules of other cruise lines.
The Victoria Hotel Melbourne215 Little Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC
Stay at this 3.5-star business-friendly hotel in Melbourne. Enjoy free WiFi, onsite parking, and a 24-hour front desk. Our guests praise the quiet rooms and ...
The Victoria Hotel Melbourne$73
Swissotel Sydney68 Market Street, Sydney, NSW
Stay at this 5-star luxury hotel in Sydney. Enjoy free WiFi, a full-service spa, and breakfast. Our guests praise the property condition in our reviews. Popular ...
Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park161 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, NSW
Stay at this 5-star luxury hotel in Sydney. Enjoy free WiFi, a full-service spa, and breakfast. Popular attractions Circular Quay and Sydney Opera House are ...
Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park$173
Space Hotel - Hostel380 Russell Street, Melbourne, VIC
Stay at this hostel in Melbourne. Enjoy free WiFi, a fitness center, and a 24-hour front desk. Our guests praise the helpful staff and the comfy beds in our ...
Space Hotel - Hostel$71
Lowest nightly price found within the past 24 hours based on a 1 night stay for 2 adults. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.
*Prices are cruise only, per person, double occupancy. Taxes, fees and port expenses not included. Rates are valid for US and Canadian residents only. Fuel supplement may apply. Savings advertised and Expedia Extras are based on specific cabin types and sailing dates, and may not be available for all cabin types/sailings.